Saturday, September 20, 2014

After the Tawaf






After the Tawaf
(Chosen last paragraph of a big Article. Must read)
- Irshaad Hussain.
As I left the tawaf, as I left the Kaaba, as I left the mosque, and as I left Mecca for other destinations, I felt both a powerful pang of separation and a comforting closeness towards what I left behind. The separation arose from being cut off from that which had so intensely attracted and impacted my consciousness. The closeness emerged because my direct experience of an ancient transcendental rite had inwardly magnetized me. I knew that even after I flew back to the comfort of home, some essential part of my consciousness, some essential part of my heart, would always turn, unbidden, like a compass needle to face the simple structure of the Kaaba.
( The complete Article is located here.
http://roadofjannah.blogspot.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment