Thursday, May 26, 2016

A revert..




Assalamu'Alaikum, My name is Maria but now it's Zarina. I was born in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and raised in a Roman Catholic/Born Again Family. My family is pure Roman Catholics, and I was the first one who embraced Islam and In Shaa Allah they will embrace Islam too.
I was born and raised in Riyadh, and you know where is Riyadh right? the pure-Muslim Country. I didn't really care about religions and to my religion before. I did not go regularly on a Sunday in church. When I was a Catholic, I did not know how to pray a catholic prayer, even the rosary, I really didn't care at all. Then I had a classmate who was a born again, and them my mother told to me go with her family in there small church where they sing, bible study and etc. But still I didn't really care and I didn't really saw the purpose of being a born again christian.
And then , 2011(college days)... I used to drink beers, I was a hard drinker, I smoked, I stay up late drinking with friends, I smoke everywhere.. Go to the bars.. Go home at 6AM, I was obsessed with tattoos . That was my life before.. and then I went back to Riyadh (2013), and Alhamdullillah I've got a Job.. and then I had a co-worker who is a Muslim he is a Muslim Man.. He introduced me to Islam and how the people of Islam live..
He gave me small books about Islam and then I admit I didn't pay attention at first.. But we got very close... and then.. the next month I think April.. I started reading the first book and then something hit my heart and mind.. I started asking for more books about Islam..
And to make the story short.. ALHAMDULILLAH! I end up crying because the one missing piece in my heart, mind and life was ISLAM.
Can you Imagine, I was in Riyadh for the rest of my life.. and then the one piece missing in my heart was only here was only around me... and I just need to pay attention and be more caring about everything that is happening...
ALHMADULILLAH, I'am having my Islamic Studies now.
And everyday.. I thank ALLAH(Subhanahu Wa ta'ala) for giving me my Husband who was my co-worker before and he was the bridge for me and Allah (SWT) to be closer. ALHAMDULILLAH! My life... was changed... And IN SHAA ALLAH, my Family will embrace Islam too.

No comments:

Post a Comment