Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Maryam Ismail, England




How many times have we heard people talk about sisters who wear hijab, but wear too much make up. Sisters who wear hijab, but wear high heels. Sisters who wear hijab, but don't act right. I think people often miss the bigger picture with these types of sisters, people often forget that at least they're a step closer to correcting their hijab. We're so focused on sisters who don't wear hijab, we've forgotten about the sisters who don't wear the correct hijab. You see this picture I used to dress like this for many years, trying to fit in and still trying to look beautiful. I forgot that the hijab doesn't need any extra beautification. I also totally forgot how, my lord, has ordered me to cover myself. Alhamdulillah now I don't wear makeup with my hijab. Whenever I leave my house I remember how I have to carry myself as a Muslim woman, but please understand these sisters. They might have never worm a hijab before and change doesn't come overnight. But help them to get closer to Allah by correcting their Hijab and make Dua for me Insha’Allah. - Maryam Ismail, England

No comments:

Post a Comment