Thursday, March 8, 2018

Muslim since August 31,2012. Alhamdulillah





I was raised in a very religious Christian household. I was brought up Methodist, but also went to Baptist churches. I went to church twice a week, prayed everyday, did bible study, went to church camp in the summer. I was very devout in my religion. When I turned 18 I started dating a guy who was raised Muslim, but wasn't practicing. While we were dating he went to prison. He was in a very bad place emotionally and spiritually so I thought if I sent him daily bible verses it would help, but it didn't change anything. So I thought it would be helpful for me to do the same thing but with verses from the Qur'an. At that point I had no opinion or knowledge about Islam. But I started sending the verses from the Qur'an. And I was shocked at how some things were very similar to what I had always been taught in my bible studies. A short while after I read the Muslim Christian dialogue. And after reading that my heart was changed Alhamdulillah. I live in a city in southern Missouri, USA with hardly any Muslims for hours. There's a very, very small Islamic community, but I had never encountered a Muslim in my life. I started praying every night for Allah swt to make things clear to me on what I should do and which path to choose and Alhamdulillah Allah swt pulled me towards Islam. And I have been Muslim since August 31, 2012 Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment