Monday, April 16, 2018

Hessa from Argentina converted to Islam 9 months ago






A beautiful story from Argentina

Asalam alikom. My name is Hessa and I am 36 years old. I converted to Islam 9 months ago. My family is very catholic and I am the first Muslim in my family. Islam changed my life. The first time I read the holy Quran, I cried and I felt one force and peace inside me at the same time. I could not go back again. I said my shahadah by cell phone. I am unique because I am a Sunni Muslim in my city. Since this day, I have had a lot of tests.
My Mother is angry about me converting. She doesn't allow me to visit her if I am wearing my hijab. I hope that will change. At work, I had trouble, too. I have been a police officer for 10 years. Some of my coworkers asked me not to read my Quran in my free time and I told them no. My boss moved me to another position because he didn't want trouble. But, alhamdulilah, I am in a better position now and I can read my Quran.
In Argentina, we have many laws about freedom and even laws about religious freedom. But people are scared of things they don't understand. I know that no matter what, I will not change.

No comments:

Post a Comment