Saturday, September 20, 2014

Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) part 14 :




Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) part 14 :
In continuation : The events followed during Miraj(ascension(rising) to heaven) :
G) Miraj - Muhammad's(sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) encounter with Abraham (Hadith) :
Then Gabriel (alaihi salaam) ascended with me to the seventh heaven and asked for its gate to be opened. It was asked: 'Who is it?' Gabriel replied: 'Gabriel.' It was asked: 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied: 'Muhammad(sallallahu alaihi wa sallam).' It was asked: 'Has he been called?' Gabriel replied in the affirmative. Then it said: 'He(sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) is welcomed. What an excellent visit his is!' "So when I went (over the seventh heaven), there I saw Abraham (Ibrahim)(alaihi salaam). Gabriel said to me: 'This is your father; pay your greetings to him.' So I greeted him and he returned the greetings to me and said: 'You are welcomed, O pious son and pious Prophet.'
Then I was made to ascend to Sidrat-ul-Muntaha (the Lote Tree{The Lote Tree is an Islamic metaphor(symbol) concerning the uppermost boundary in knowledge a human being can possess concerning Allah(azza wa jal)} of the utmost boundary,It is also mentioned in Quran in chapter Surah An-Najm(53) ,ayat 14-16,"At the Lote Tree of the Utmost Boundary -Near it is the Garden of Refuge -When there covered the Lote Tree that which covered [it]." ).Behold! Its fruits were like the jars of Hajr (a place near Medina) and its leaves were as big as the ears of elephants. Gabriel said: "This is the Lote Tree of the utmost and boundary.' Behold! There ran four rivers, two were hidden and two were visible, I asked: 'What are these two kinds of rivers, O Gabriel?' He replied: 'As for the hidden rivers, they are two rivers in Paradise and the visible rivers are the Nile and the Euphrates(river firat).'
H) Musa/Moses(alaihi salaam) advises Muhammad(sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) to plea to Allah to lessen prayers :
"Then Al-Bait-ul-Ma'mur (the Sacred House) was shown to me and a container full of wine and another full of milk and a third full of honey were brought to me. I took the milk. Gabriel(alaihi salaam) remarked: 'This is the Islamic religion which you and your followers are following.' Then the prayers were enjoined on me: they were fifty prayers a day. When I (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) returned, I passed by Musa(alaihi salaam), who asked me; 'What have you been ordered to do?' I (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) replied: 'I have been ordered to offer fifty prayers a day.' Musa(alaihi salaam) said: 'Your followers cannot bear fifty prayers a day, and by Allah I have tested people before you, and I have tried my level best with Bani Israel in vain. Go back to your Lord and ask for reduction to lessen your followers'' burden.' So I (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) went back, and Allah(azza wa jal) reduced ten prayers for me. Then again I (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) came to Moses, but he repeated the same as he had said before.
Then again I (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) went back to Allah, and He reduced ten more prayers. When I came to Moses(alaihi salaam) he said the same. I (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) went back to Allah, and He ordered me to observe ten prayers a day. When I (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam)came back to Moses, he repeated the same advice, so I went back to Allah and was ordered to observe five prayers a day.
"When I came back to Moses, he said: 'What have you been ordered?' I (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) replied: 'I have been ordered to observe five prayers a day.' He(Musa(alaihi sallam)) said: 'Your followers cannot bear five prayers a day, and no doubt, I have got an experience of the people before you, and I have tried my level best with Bani Israel, so go back to your Lord and ask for reduction to lesson your followers' burden.'
I (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said: 'I have requested so much of my Lord that I feel ashamed, but I am satisfied now and surrender to Allah's Order.' When I (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) left, I heard a voice saying: 'I have passed My order and have lessened the burden of My worshipers.'"
In sha Allah ,will be continued. {Ref: Stories of prophets by Ibn Kathir(rahimahullah)}

No comments:

Post a Comment