Sunday, October 12, 2014

Idolization always existed since the the period of darkness



In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. There is no other god beside Allah.
Idolization always existed since the the period of darkness; that is, before the arrival of Islam, people used to worship idols made of gold, silver, wood, rock and so on.
They also used to worship other things like stars, fire to seek help.
•►In Islam, there is no place for idolization of any kind. Muslims are not allow to associate, idolize or seek help from anything or anyone apart Allah because it is shirk, a major sin. Allah says: "Allah does not forgive idolatry.. Anyone who sets up idols beside Allah, has forged a horrendous offense." [4:48] and idolatry is a gross injustice. [31:13]
→Is not Allah sufficient for His servant." [Az-Zumar 39:36]
⇨It is very sad to see people idolizing singers, movies stars, politicians etc. Believing politicians can give you better thing in life is absolute error as Verily, Allâh is the All-Provider, Owner of Power, the Most Strong. [Surah Adh-Dhariyat: v57 -58] and He is the best of Helpers." [Surah Al imran: v150]
Allah says to them: "The idols you invoke besides Allah are creatures like you. Go ahead and call upon them; let them respond to you, if you are right." [7:194]
⇨Some of us even worship our children or property. Even the lightest idea or belief to seek help from them is shrik. Placing your full trust in children is absolute mistake as Allah says: "But when He gives them a good baby, they turn His gift into an idol that rivals Him. GOD be exalted, far above any partnership." [7:190]
⇨Materialistic things are for comfort only, these are useless.Idolizing theses things make you loose you priority in life. Allah says: “Let not then this present life deceive you” (Quran, Surah Fatir: 5). and “The mutual rivalry (for piling up of worldly things) diverts you, Until you visit the graves (i.e. till you die)” (Quran, Surah At-Takathur: 1 – 2).
►Stay away from distraction of nay sorts which make you forgetting your Lord as Allah says: "The life of this world is nothing more than a distraction and diversion [from what is desirable] while the abode of Hereafter is far better for those who keep on guard [from its distractions and diversions]. Will you not then be sensible and reasonable [and use your Aql]? [6:32]
If only our priority was for ALLAH only, we would not lose our main aim in life. It is very sad indeed to see people diverting from the right path.
•►Remember we all need to answer on the day of Judgement for the idols you pray upon as Allah says throughout the holy Qur'an:-
"They even worship female gods besides Him; as a matter of fact, they only worship a rebellious devil." [4:117]
"Do those who disbelieve think that they can get away with setting up My servants as gods beside Me? We have prepared for the disbelievers Hell as an eternal abode. [18:102]
"And the devil will say, after the judgment had been issued, "Allah has promised you the truthful promise, and I promised you, but I broke my promise. I had no power over you; I simply invited you, and you accepted my invitation. Therefore, do not blame me, and blame only yourselves. My complaining cannot help you, nor can your complaining help me. I have disbelieved in your idolizing me. The transgressors have incurred a painful retribution." [14:22]
→Surely we belong to God and to Him shall we return' [al-Baqarah 2:156]
-►Reminders;
Allah says:"It has been revealed to you, and to those before you that if you ever commit idol worship, all your works will be nullified, and you will be with the losers." [39:65]
We also learn from the golrious Quran that idols cannot judge (40:20), idols cannot create anything and are powerless (13:16, 46:4) and idols do not bring us closer to God (39:3).
⇨The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. (2:147)
Recall that Abraham said, "My Lord, …. protect me and my children from worshiping idols. [14:35].
Say, "My Contact Prayers (Salat), my worship practices, my life and my death, are all devoted absolutely to Allah alone, the Lord of the universe. He has no partner. This is what I am commanded to believe, and I am the first to submit."
Say, "Shall I seek other than GOD as a lord, when He is the Lord of all things?
No soul benefits except from its own works, and none bears the burden of another. Ultimately, you return to your Lord, then He informs you regarding all your disputes." [6:162-164]. There is no deity except Him (Allah), the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of existence. [3:2]
►Dua: "O Ever Living, O Self-Subsisting and Supporter of all, by Your mercy I seek assistance, rectify for me all of my affairs and do not leave me to myself, even for the blink of an eye. O Allah! I ask You for Your Love, the love of those who love You,and deeds which will cause me to attain Your Love. O Allah! Make Your Love dearer to me than myself, my family and the cold water.
O Allah, You are our Destination and Your good pleasure is what we seek, make us succeed and guide us always." Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment