Monday, October 12, 2015

Esma from Canada




"From kindergarten 'till grade 5, I went to Muslim school and would wear the hijab everyday and never take it off. I told myself when I go into public school for grade 6, I will continue wearing the hijab, but unfortunately that didn't happen. I was terrified that people would think differently of me and that I would have no friends.
After years of wishing to wear the hijab, I finally had the courage last year during Ramadan July 1st to try wearing the hijab for Ramadan. If I don't like it, I can always take take it off. It took a lot of courage and strength but Alhamdulilah I did it!! After 1 day of wearing the hijab, I loved it and decided to continue wearing it for the rest of my life. Sure there were ups and downs to the point that my own family would criticize me, but that didn't stop me because I knew the true meaning behind it and it made me extremely happy.
Alhamdulilah, today marks 1 year that I've been wearing the hijab and I'd love to continue it for the rest of my life, insha'Allah. There's no limits and just go for it. Allah is always with you!"-Esma from Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment