Sunday, March 27, 2016

STOP BLAMING SHAITĀN BUT BLAME YOURSELF




Shaitān can only whisper evil into your hearts if you give him access into your heart but he only comes to you through the door of your desires once you open that door for him. And who is the holder of all these desires except that of your nafs. However he has no power and cannot stop you from doing good or cause you to do evil except you yourself have that control.

And Shaitān (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allāh promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, so you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allāh (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zālimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.)." (Surat Ibrahim 14:22)

The nafs is like a Horse. And the Ruh (your soul, YOU!) is the rider. And the reins is the shari'ah. You have the control as to where you want it to go and what you want it to do.

Its up to you whether you want to obey and worship your nafs, your hawaa (your evil and corrupted desires like how Shaitān did) by letting it do whatever it desires of evil or you enslave your nafs to obey Allah through purification (tazkiyyah).

Have you seen him who takes his own lust (vain desires) as his ilāh (god), and Allāh knowing (him as such), left him astray, and sealed his hearing and his heart, and put a cover on his sight. Who then will guide him after Allāh? Will you not then remember? (Surat Al-Jathiyah 45:23)

So tell me again who is your greatest enemy Shaitān or your Nafs ??

No comments:

Post a Comment