Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Revive this Sunnah by implementing it and teaching it to others share




Revive this Sunnah by implementing it and teaching it to others share
--- --- --- --- ---- 
▪️Can one say du ‘aa’ between the two prostrations in words other than those narrated from the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم)?

📚 Shaykh Muhammad ibn Muhammad al-Mukhtaar ash-Shanqeeti (may Allah preserve him) said: The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) used to ask for well-being between the two prostrations, because this is the place of du‘aa’. The scholars had two opinions concerning that. Some of them said: It is a place for du‘aa’, so it is prescribed for a person to offer whatever du‘aa’ he likes concerning his affairs in this world and in the Hereafter. Others said: He should limit it to what has been narrated (from the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم)), and this view is stronger. But if he has not memorised it, such as if he is one of the ordinary people, there is nothing wrong with him saying whatever du‘aa’ he can.
The reason why he may say whatever du‘aa’ he can is that the Sunnah is two things: the first is saying du‘aa’ and the second is the specific wording. If he is not able to say the specific wording, then the Sunnah is to ask of Allah. This is the view of the majority, as more than one scholar attributed it to them. So if he is not able to memorise the wording that was narrated, or he does not know it, and he says whatever du‘aa’ he is able to, such as offering du‘aa’ for himself and his parents, there is nothing wrong with that. But it is preferable and better to say the du‘aa’ that was narrated from the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم).
End quote from Sharh az-Zaad.

📚 Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him) said: Then he should rise from prostration and say, “Rabb ighfir li, Rabb ighfir li, Rabb ighfir li (Lord forgive me, Lord forgive me, Lord forgive me),” as the Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) used to do. And it is mustahabb to say along with that: “Allahumma aghfir li wa’rhamni wa’hdini wa’jburni wa’rzuqni wa ‘aafini (O Allah, forgive me, have mercy on me, guide me, console me, grant me provision and grant me well being),” because it is proven that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) used to say that. And if he wants to add to that, there is nothing wrong with it, such as saying: O Allah, forgive me and my parents; O Allah, admit me to Paradise and save me from the Fire; O Allah, rectify my heart and my deeds, and so on. But he should offer a lot of du‘aa’ for forgiveness between the two prostrations, as was narrated from the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.
End quote from Majmoo‘ Fataawa ash-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 11/36

No comments:

Post a Comment