Friday, July 10, 2015

Women should also do I'tikaaf in masjid like men!




Women should also do I'tikaaf in masjid like men!
Narrated by Abdullah bin Umar radi Allahu anhu that "Allah's Apostle used to practise I'tikaaf in the last ten days of the month of Ramadan"
[Sahih Al-Bukhari:242]
Narrated by 'Ayesha radi Allahu anha (the wife of the Prophet)" The Prophet salallahu alehi wasallam used to practice I'tikaaf in the last ten days of Ramadan till he died and then his wives used to practice Itikaf after him."
[Sahih Al-Bukhari:243]
“There should be no I’tikaaf except in a mosque in which prayers in congregation are held (masjid jamaa’ah).” Narrated by al-Bayhaqi, classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in his essay Qiyaam Ramadan.
Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “There should be no I’tikaaf except in a mosque in which prayer is established.”
[Al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah, 5/212]

No comments:

Post a Comment