Sunday, September 24, 2017

Russian Muslima living in Canada





"Salam Alaikum everyone! I decided to share my story in the hopes that it may encourage someone.
I was born and raised in Russia from a Christian-Jewish family. I was always confused about religion. I wasn't sure which one to follow. At the age of 21, I immigrated to Israel. I was even more confused. I didn't like what I saw, but I didn't understand the situation. The tension was too high. 
I decided to leave the country. I was married at that time to a Jewish-Russian, and I immigrated to Canada. My life was pretty quite, until I started to question myself and what I'm living for. I thought that it's impossible, and that everything has no meaning. The more I was thinking, the more I started to feel that life is a test we are going through. My entourage didn't agree with me. At the age of 34, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I didn't know who to believe. I was feeling big changes in the air. One day, I was going through CVs to find a good candidate for the company I was working for. My attention was drawn to one CV of the person who ended up changing my life forever. Since the moment I met him, I knew it was my destiny. He was Muslim, and unknowingly at the time, my future husband. My love to him pushed me to learn his culture and RELIGION. The first time I opened QURAN, I was speechless. Its words made me cry. It was answering all my questions. I converted to Islam in 2014.

Today, I'm proud to say I'm a veiled Muslim woman. I look where I was and it scares me more than any challenge I'm going through. Don't give up. I lost everything, but I'm richer than ever before. Islam is the biggest gift of our creator. "
-Russian Muslima living in Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment